Skip to main content

I understand that thinkwise changes the colors of SVG icons but I just end up puzzling what I should do to get it right.

I have an SVG graphic, which I post below.

• If I state that the fill color is “none”, it becomes white with an alpha of 0.7.
  • If I state that the stroke color = “none”, I don’t get strokes, and if I specify a color I get that color.

What I want is no fill; I can reach that with overriding the fill color setting; fill-opacity="0".

Next I want a stroke in the font color … I understood from your previous posts that you are doing this but it doesn’t happen.

This is my svg ( a circle with a question mark in the center );

<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" width="64" height="64" viewBox="0 0 24 24" fill="none" fill-opacity="0" stroke="none" stroke-width="2" stroke-linecap="round" stroke-linejoin="round">

<circle cx="12" cy="12" r="10"></circle>

<path d="M9.09 9a3 3 0 1 1 5.91 1c0 2-3 3-3 3"></path>

<line x1="12" y1="17" x2="12.01" y2="17"></line>

</svg>

To be clear, I don’t want to have stroke=”none” but stroke=”font color”.

I just realized that stroke=”inherit” or stroke=”auto” might work, will try that ...

Just solved it, but ...

I got one solution; svg supports stroke=”currentColor” and I got it working, but it doesn’t work in the windows interface, so I’m afraid that this is not the “Thinkwise” way.

The question is still how it should be done  as the icons are now invisible in my windows SF environment, they are visible in my Ubuntu desktop ​​environment and in the interface, but not in the Software factory.

And … that is kind of a problem as I can’t see which icon I select ...

Hello Daan,

The windows gui can also recolor svg’s in specific situations.
It can recolor tile images based on the tile font color.
Menu items based on their respective menu font color
and lastly buttons (like prefilters and tasks) based on the ribbon font color.

It will recolor the Fill, Color or Stroke properties if that specific property:
- has the currentColor id
- OR is black
- OR the color is not set