Setting the size of pop up windows in the process flow

Related products: Software Factory Windows GUI Universal GUI

Hello everyone,

We have a process flow that pops up a window. This window is very small and should be larger when it pops up.

We can set the default window size of all windows and pop ups in the software factory, but we do not want all windows and pop ups in the entire application to be the same size when we set it for the purpose of one window.

Can this be set per window when you select the pop up option in a process flow for opening a document?

When this option in this process action is set to "Yes” it would be nice to have an option to set the size of this floating document, so we do not have to set a general size for all windows and pop ups, because in come cases this can be unwanted.

Hello Sander,

This is possible by adding a extended propertie to your application. 

https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/sf/extended_properties

FloatingDocumentSize Sets the start size (height x width) for floating documents in pixels, for example, '200 x 400'. The default size is 900 x 700 pixels

Hello groos,

That option has been discussed in my post. It is the option I do not want to use, as I will make a general size for all windows and pop ups. That is not my intention. I want to be able to set a size for a specific window, in this case, the window I am currently letting appear for functionality I am working on. So it would be nice that the size can be set per pop up or window.

Kind regards,
Sander Adam

Hi Sander,

Which GUI are you using? For WIndows GUI, I can understand the wish as computer screen typically are large. For the Universal GUI, it could be slightly problematic as the screen sizes can differ quite much.

Hi Mark,

We are using the universal GUI. In this case it is necessary as the pop up opens far to small. Just one or two items can be shown on that window when it is that default opening size. For user experience this is not optimal, that's why we ask that a minimum size can be set, so the items can at least be shown in card or grid form. Now it just opens a window as in the following screenshot, without an option to edit it without affecting all other windows:

This means our users constantly have to expand this screen to a grid screen size to drag and drop the names onto the items in the screen it is opened in. This is inconvenient for both user and programmer.

NewOpen