Quick generate of all code groups

Related products: Software Factory

The idea is similar to this idea:

Only the above idea is for one table, my idea is for all code groups.

Currenty after making a new project version, the code groups are not generates and that means they are not visible in the Code overview screen. This is a screen I use regularly to find all functionality applied to a table/view, tasks and other objects. Now I either need to Generate code groups per Code group that is present or generate definitions for the whole project version, which may also bother other developers in the same project version.

A button to quickly generate all code groups would be a great solution. This task can then be attached to the 'Program Objects’ table. That way the Task is present in the Code overview screen.

Hi Mark,

The reason you want this, is to quickly see the linked functionality after copying a project version. 

However, I can imagine that such a task will unfairly be used as an alternative for generating definitions, because it will be completed more quickly. The risk is that people will not realize that, for example, dynamic model procedures will then not be executed.

You could achieve the same effect of performing such a task not per code group, but per object. Therefore, I propose to first wait and see to what extent this idea already helps you:

Updated idea status NewDeclined