Skip to main content

It doesn’t make sense to set filters and pre-filters in the context procedure, as it could be the context of a list and navigating through the items should not change them.

But if we redefine what the context procedure does, and state that it doesn’t only allow to modify the context but also to see the context, it makes sense and it would make it possible to solve something that seems like an unsolvable Thinkwise puzzle at the moment.

I want the report button to be filtered by the users filters, and I want more things, …, at this moment it is possible to set the filters with a workflow, but I can’t get them. The context procedure would be the logical place to retrieve the last selected value. 

I just thought about another idea I posted before, which was about the rule that the SF settings overrule the context procedure.

In that case the most logical approach would be (possibly breaking a lot of existing applications) is that the context procedure gets the settings done in the SF and modifies them. 

It would actually possible not break to any scripts, as the Thinkwise standard is to hide, and the option to show was never available.

Hi @Daan Heemskerk,

I checked with some colleagues but we don't understand what you are trying to achieve. Can you please elaborate on this and provide some more context/examples/screenshots?

NewNeeds feedback

What I want to achieve is actually a bigger picture.

• I want to know what the users prefilters where so that I can restore them or do other things with them.
  • If you know the pre filters you can make them empty buttons, and optimize the queries in another way. 
  • To do this correctly you would need a browser tab session or client side logic, I explained this in another topic.

At this moment the biggest problem is that I found a way to switch between different variants of the same table, and to keep the users filter settings, but I don’t know the pre filter settings, so they are different on the different variants. I was looking at a way to synchronize this, and I can set them in the workflow, but I don’t know what they are … as I don’t know which prefilters the user selected I can’t make sure that they remain selected when a user switches to another tab or view.

In general I can set things like selected tabs and prefilters in the user interface, but I don’t know what the users selection was before. If you know that you can streamline the users experience.