Conditional layout for detail tabs

Related products: Software Factory

I have a number of detail tabs. I'd like to give the tab a background colour depending on a condition. (So basically the functionality of the conditional layout, but now for tabs.)

In this way I can indicate the status of the information in that detail tab and help the user guide towards the tab of interest.

Something similar could also be of interest to a form. If a form has multiple fields divided over multiple tabs, and some of these fields are invalid (and have a red background colour), then by colouring those tabs that have an invalid field would help the user in finding these erroneous fields.

Hey Roy,

Isn't this idea overlapping with this one?:

Updated idea status NewNeeds feedback

Hi @Roy van Uffelen,

We would still like to hear your input on the question Mark asked a few weeks ago. Thanks in advance!​​​​​​

Hi Mark,

Not really what I'm looking for. This coloring is on document level. The coloring I'm looking for is on detail level.

You can almost see it as some sort of badge on detail tabs, but then with coloring. Maybe a combination can give some kind of conditional layout, but then for coloring the detail-tabs.

Updated idea status Needs feedbackOpen

Unfortunately, this idea has not received many votes. Because we want to keep the focus on ideas that are in high demand in our Thinkwise Community, we are closing this idea.

OpenClosed