Allow for setting the column width for task/report parameters

Related products: Software Factory Universal GUI

Currently as a developer you are able to set the default column width for columns on a specific table. This will overrule the default column width set on project version level.

This is a very useful setting, especially when developing for the Universal UI. Currently such a setting does not exist for the task and report parameters. Often when developing task and/or report popup windows one or more field contains a long text, for example the name of an item. Without being able to set specific column width for this task/report I am unable to increase the field size. 

Therefor I would like to set a setting for setting the column width on task/report level.

NewOpen

Great idea. I fancy the same problem and would love to see this feature available in Universal. Would be a great addition for the user interface

Yes, this would be great!
Now users always directly need to scale the task after it opens. This makes for unpleasant user experience when the columns need to be wide.

One trick we use is setting the ‘Next group’ setting to yes. This makes the column somehow wider. 

There are some "tricks” to play around with this:

You can increase the "No of columns in form” setting of the task in combination of logical grouping/pairing of the controls.

A separate group is created from the control with the "Field on next tab/group” setting is enabled.

The group of controls is spread over the available columns before a new line underneath is added. When multiple controls are placed side-by-side (not by setting the "No of positions further” on 0) the popup will grow.

By positioning a single control in a group, where other groups contain multiple, it will become as wide as the popup.

I hope this helps to format your task dialogs better.

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.