Additional Generated session variables for Windows GUI

Related products: Windows GUI

The idea:
I would like to have the log_session_id for relating to the session in Thinkwise and the application_id in addition to the filled columns.

----------------------------

I'm trying to use some of the values described in this chapter:

https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/sf/business_logic#generated-session-variables

However, when I'm inserting those values into a (temporary) table. Most of the values are empty.

This happens when using the ‘startup procedure’, but also a random ‘context procedure‘.

How can I retrieve those values?

The GUI used is the Windows gui:

Code used:

/*testing purposes*/
CREATE TABLE ##Test
(
TimeStampert DATETIME,
tsf_ipv4 NVARCHAR(100),
tsf_ipv6 NVARCHAR(100),
tsf_appl_lang_id NVARCHAR(100),
tsf_use_log_session_id NVARCHAR(100),
guid NVARCHAR(100),
tsf_appl_id NVARCHAR(100),
tsf_appl_alias NVARCHAR(100),
tsf_original_login NVARCHAR(100),
tsf_is_public_request NVARCHAR(100)
);

DECLARE @tsf_ipv4 NVARCHAR(100) = CAST(SESSION_CONTEXT(N'tsf_ipv4') AS VARCHAR(100));
DECLARE @tsf_ipv6 NVARCHAR(100) = CAST(SESSION_CONTEXT(N'tsf_ipv6') AS VARCHAR(100));
DECLARE @tsf_appl_lang_id NVARCHAR(100) = CAST(SESSION_CONTEXT(N'tsf_appl_lang_id') AS VARCHAR(100));
DECLARE @tsf_use_log_session_id NVARCHAR(100) = CAST(SESSION_CONTEXT(N'tsf_use_log_session_id') AS VARCHAR(100));
DECLARE @guid NVARCHAR(100) = CAST(SESSION_CONTEXT(N'guid') AS VARCHAR(100));
DECLARE @tsf_appl_id NVARCHAR(100) = CAST(SESSION_CONTEXT(N'tsf_appl_id') AS VARCHAR(100));
DECLARE @tsf_appl_alias NVARCHAR(100) = CAST(SESSION_CONTEXT(N'tsf_appl_alias') AS VARCHAR(100));
DECLARE @tsf_original_login NVARCHAR(100) = CAST(SESSION_CONTEXT(N'tsf_original_login') AS VARCHAR(100));
DECLARE @tsf_is_public_request NVARCHAR(100) = CAST(SESSION_CONTEXT(N'tsf_is_public_request') AS VARCHAR(100));

INSERT INTO ##Test
VALUES
(
SYSDATETIME(),
@tsf_ipv4,
@tsf_ipv6,
@tsf_appl_lang_id,
@tsf_use_log_session_id,
@guid,
@tsf_appl_id,
@tsf_appl_alias,
@tsf_original_login,
@tsf_is_public_request
);

Hi Peter,

The Windows GUI does not fill all these session variables. Indicium does however. The ones you see filled in your image are the ones that work for the Windows GUI. Is there any session variable you wanted to use?

Hi Mark,

I would like to have the log_session_id for relating to the session in Thinkwise and the application_id in addition to the filled columns.

NewOpen

Hi Peter, I have converted your question to an idea. This way we can keep an eye on the votes and communicate any further progress regarding this idea.

Whilst we working hard on making the Windows GUI compatible with Indicium, this idea will stay open. Once the Windows GUI becomes a 3-tier GUI with Indicium, these session variables will automatically come available.