Being able to change filename of SSRS (Local) report

Related products: Windows GUI

I try to manipulate the filename of a SSRS report by with a default procedure, but it seams impossible.

The file path is not accepted, the filename colors red and an error message occurs:

What is the right approach to achieve this?

In addition I like to mention that in the WebGUI I am not able to change the filename of the generated PDF report with the default procedure.

For example to add a time stamp in the file name.    (e.g.  20230628_083405_WeekReport.pdf)

The documentation is also not clear, the property names do not match and it is not clear what is the difference between the properties File Path and Export Path

File specification = File Path ?
Export location = Export path ?

The file path is used to determine the report file to use. This should only be used if you want to provide a different report file to the reporting engine than the report file uploaded to the model.

The export path determines the file name - though I’m not sure it’ll have much effect when you are using Print Preview. This is used to determine the file name and location for save as PDF and such.

I wish to preview the report with a friendly/logical name for in case the user decides to save the file as pdf, docx or xlsx. Not it gets the (translated) name of the report. We like to add a row ID or timestamp to the name of the rendered report.

NewOpen