Using icons in combination with conditional layout in fields

Related products: Software Factory Windows GUI Universal GUI

Currently we can only make a field in the application a certain color on the basis of something. It could be showing that a certain field is empty so we make the background yellow or that a price does meet certain requirements so the price has a different font.

Sadly there's no easy way to show to the user what is exactly wrong or going on. We have to resort to help text, pop-up or panel messages, expression fields, extra detail tabs etc.

I would like to see an icon in the application field that shows that something special is going on with that field. It would look a bit like this:

or:

Then when the user hovers over the icon, he or she should see an explanation of why the icon is visible and this should be in their language.

That's why I would like to see this implemented in cohesion with Conditional layout, since that could be the actor showing the icon or not showing it. The icon could be a type of conditional layout the developer can create. Types could then be: info, warning, error, none (maybe even more?) Translations can then be created per conditional layout type in every application language.
Can't you achieve this with a layout procedure to display a column with an image and a default procedure to fill this column with the particular image?
Can't you achieve this with a layout procedure to display a column with an image and a default procedure to fill this column with the particular image?

There are multiple ways of replicating this in the current state of the application but your example requires an expression column, a layout procedure and a default procedure. What if I have two (or more) columns that need this type of icon? Then I need another expression column for each one just to show it.

My idea should bypass having to create any column or procedures and is also nicely tied to conditional layouts.
I understand the current ways or replicated are a bit of a workaround. A neat solution for this would be better indeed.
in HTML5 this is completely standard I believe, at least we are all used to it on the internet. So i agree with Mark this would be a very good addition to the SF