Generate code group + Execute as combined task

Related products: Software Factory

After adding a field or parameter, all associated stored procedures must be updated, because else error messages will appear when using the appropriate task or table after refresh.

Very often it is then a matter of going through the following steps:
1. generate
2. execute

The code generation can be done once for multiple control procedures.

As far as I know, executing the code, must be done 1 by 1 and takes a relatively long time.

A task that automatically performs the 2 steps in sequence for all selected control procedures would be great and speed up the development of applications.

Hello @Harm Horstman,

Did you try the code overview screen? There you can select all program objects that are linked to the table or task, generate the code groups, and then with one (or two) clicks generate and execute all program objects at once. 

I have seen that one but is has no added value, is see no added value of the ‘Code overview’ screen.

I just want an extra button in de ‘Functionality’ screen, as of my intitial request.

OpenPlanned

PlannedWorking on it!

Working on it!Next release

Next releaseCompleted

@Jeroen van den Belt this button is now available?

Since release 2023.3 it became even less efficient, we now have to execute 2 tasks for each control procedure.

This is currently one of the most time consuming tasks in de development process

A combined task at indicated place (below) would help a lot.