Extend Excel-style filtering by search field

Related products: Windows GUI Universal GUI

For filtering in specific columns Thinkwise has a great solution: you can easy filter in columns by clicking on the head of the column. This is Excel-style filter is quite similar to Excel. Within Excel there is an additional functionality which I like a lot and which I think would also be nice as functionality in Thinkwise: you can type into a search-field in the same small pop-up to filter the column. By that it is also possible to filter on a string which is not in front of the records in the column. What do you think about it, would that function be useful?

Hi Hauke,

If I'm not mistaken, this was briefly available in the GUI's, but reverted because of a bug in the third party component. Maybe @Anne Buit can shine his light on this?
Hi Hauke,

I can safely say that no such feature has been available yet. That third party component Jop refers to exposes a similar feature but it doesn't look like the screenshot shown above.

However, an extra 'contains' field which is not hidden in a filter dialog but instead available directly in the column filter menu is definitely worth further research.
Updated idea status OpenOn the backlog

The upcoming release of the Universal GUI (2024.1.13) supports this type of filtering on lookup-type columns. We already added support for columns having a domain with elements in the past.

By that all dropdown-type columns are covered.

Details: lookup-type of columns have a flip-over limit. When the amount of items is under a certain limit (25 by default) a list of items to select is shown. When more options get involved to filter on an auto-complete search field gets presented to select the items to filter on.