Creating reference task should automatically fill-in the target table from parent

Related products: Software Factory

I noticed when I was trying to add a missing reference on one of the tables I'm working on. I use the 'Create reference' task at Subjects > [Table] > Links > Look-ups. Trying to add a reference and then noticed the target table isn't given automatically, even though I'm trying to create the reference while being inside the target table. (Using SF 2019.1)

I would like a link be made between the task and the subject/target table I'm coming from

In addition to this I wish the table and column lookup’s changed from ‘Combo’ to ‘Suggestion’
In addition to this I wish the table and column lookup’s changed from ‘Combo’ to ‘Suggestion’

I do think this could be an idea of it's own. There's a tab page with Default settings at Project Overview > Form > Default settings. I think there we should be able to alter the standard table and column look-ups.

This feature will be available in the 2020.2 release of the Thinkwise Platform.

@Harm Horstman Do you mean to set the default lookup control of newly created references? If so, please create a separate idea for this. Thanks!

No, what I meant to point out is that in the SF itself, the lookups prefer to run as suggestion instead of combo, because combo boxes are not user-friendly in case of long table and column names.

The disadvantage of the suggestion control is that you can’t just open the combo to select a value, but you have to know (part of) the name of the column you’re looking for.

For the universal GUI, we ultimately want to combine the combo and suggestion into one to provide the best of both worlds.

OK, that is a point, but developers should know the name of tables, columns, etc... At least a part of it.

It will take some time before we start developing apps in Universal GUI.