Add functionality to task copying task parameter.

Related products: Software Factory

When copying a taskparameter in a project (SF) also copy the lookup information defined for that particular parameter. I'm now adding a new parameter to ten or more task and have to add all lookup settings to the new parameterfield to each new parameter for each individual task. The amount of time I could spend doing other things is significant.
Hi Henri,

The look-up reference for the task parameter requires an unique ID within the context of the task. Copying both within and outside of the context of a task could cause some conflicts here.

Another thing that could be troublesome, if you copy a task parameter to another task, it might not have the other dependant task parameters available to copy the look-up reference.

To solve these problems, we could open up the 'Add reference' task after copying a task parameter with a look-up and fill all the values here best-effort. As a developer, you can decide on the 'Reference add.' and correctly map any missing dependant look-up task parameters if needed.

Would this be a good solution?
Hi Henri,

This should be fairly easy to implement. I'll see if we can shoehorn it into the upcoming release.
Anne,

So a new processflow where task create_task_ref is called and the missing parameters are filled with the parameters used in task copy_task_parmtr? (I looked up the names of the procedures in the debug window)

Yeah, that would help a lot I think.
This functionality has been released with Thinkwise Platform version 2019.1.