Solved

Using SQL Server database mailer

• 20 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello,

Not realizing that Universal doesn't support Process Flows yet, I created a Process Flow that sent an email to our customer service. Later I understood this was not supported, then I removed the Process Flow and wanted to handle it by SQL Server database mailer using "msdb.dbo.sp_send_dbmail". All I had to do was adjust the task, create SQL Server mail profile and add it in the Stored Procedure via Functionality. The rest of the parameters were already present like body, subject, recipients. I modified 2 tasks which now both give an exception within Universal. Via the Windows GUI/Web it works fine.

One task gives the message [Unknown error], but mails. The other task gives the exception [Stage task commit failed. Error: validation_failed] and does not mail.

- Application Pool identity has SA rights within the SQL Server instance

Does anyone have any idea what might be the reason?

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Vincent Doppenberg 21 April 2020, 13:17

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi coolrunnin,

There are a few reasons why this might happen, I'll list some common ones below:

• One of the mandatory parameters of the task was not entered. This includes parameters that are made mandatory by the layout procedure.
  • The layout procedure has disabled the confirm button.
  • At least one of the parameters has a file upload control and a file upload was still pending.

Knowing the status code of the HTTP request that fails would be very helpful. Can you open up the developer tools in the Universal GUI and check the network tab? Please check Indicium's error log as well for additional information about any unexpected errors that may have occurred.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello Vincent,

Seems the mandatory parameters solved the [Stage task commit failed. Error: validation_failed] issue. I think I am too new for this, but where can I find the Universal GUI Developer Tab?

Thanks in advance,

Randolph

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

When you use F12 in most browsers you can see the HTTP traffic in the network tab.