Solved

use filter to find rows in different table

• 1 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi all,

I have an overview of Shipments. Shipments move items (e.g containers).  An item is connected to a shipment.  

In my Shipment table (the start of my app) I want to use the filter for searching on Delayed/Active/etc.  Shipments. This works fine. But I also want to search on Items and Packages. 

So, i want my filter to go through the table 'item’ and show the info. 

Is there any way this is possible? 

This is set up as followes; 

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 5 October 2020, 09:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Alex,

There's an Extended property that can give users the option to filter on Details of Subjects. it's called DisableFilterOnDetails and it 'Disables the option to filter on details in the Combined Filter.’ Standard you should be able to use the Detail combined filter as it's default state is 'No’. If you do have it named in your Extended property list with the value 'Yes’, consider changing it to 'No’ and check if it does what you would like to have.

Upon having the Combined filter, the user then can filter in Shipment or it's Details. It does require the Details to have Filtering set up so fields come up in the combined filter.

Does this solve your question?

Kind regards,
Mark Jongeling

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

For illustration:

TCP Combined Filter

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

hi Mark, thnx for helping me out. What you suggest, I have. 

However, i would like to have it moved to the larger search field; 

With the column name in front of it. 

Can this be done? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I like your idea but the filter/search component doesn’t have this feature. You can submit an idea for this. You got my vote!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

You could also add expression fields to the Shipment table with composite information from the items you want to filter on. You can then show these expression fields in the filter form.