Solved

Import table columns in TSF

• 23 July 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

It seems impossible to import rows to the column defintion in TSF because of mandatory fields.

icon

Best answer by Jasper 10 August 2020, 09:19

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello Harm,

This field determines in which order your columns should appear in a filter popup. Do you have a general order number column in your importfile, to determine the order of the columns in the table? You can use this same field to map it on the filter order number (and I expect this also applies to the search order number).

Does this help?

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hi Jeroen,

Thank you, I understand, the purpose of the field.

This could be a solution, but this field and some other 'order_no’ field are hidden in the import screen, so there is no option to do what you suggested.

I think, the best solution for this, is to give these fields a default value, '99999’. 

Br,

Harm

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Harm, 

I assume you are trying to import columns from the Data Model screen? Not all fields of the column table are available on this screen, causing this problem. We cannot simply adjust the default value of hidden fields because this would also apply to adding columns manually.

It is possible to import columns from the Full model screen, where all fields of all tables are available.

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Ok, clear, that helps.

I would then disable the Import function in the Data Model variant, because this only results in frustration.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I would then disable the Import function in the Data Model variant, because this only results in frustration.

That's a good suggestion, we'll do that!