Solved

How can I create a hyperlink to a cube view in the helptext?

• 8 October 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14
I want to be able to show the help text of a cube view (not context sensitive at this moment).
Is it possible to create a hypelink to a cube view like you add a hyperlink to a table (tsfhelp://tab/...)?
Or is there another way to link to the help text of objects in the model?

icon

Best answer by Jasper 5 November 2019, 08:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Andre, cubes are really just a visual presentation of the data of a table or view, just like grids and forms, and do not have their own help page at the moment. You can however add static help pages for your cube views and link to those pages, for example: tsfhelp://helpindex/order_quantity

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Hi @Jasper, I think it's not just always a presentation of the data in a table/view. Cubes can have there own calculated fields and cube views. I want to explain the user what each cube view represents. The model supports help text for cube views, but unfortunately I can't refer to it.
If I have to add an extra help-index with help text for an object that is defined in the model (cube view with help text). That seems a bit double and that is what we try to avoid, isn't it?

I would like to be able to link to each help text object in the model. It would be even better if the GUI dynamically links all available objects to a table/view based on authorization. The cube view help text could also be shown directly (context sensitive).

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Andre,

We’ll definitely take this into consideration when we design the help feature for the Universal user interface. If you really need this for the current user interfaces please feel free to submit an idea!