Solved

Any ideas/tricks to running tasks from different parts of the same screen?

• 20 June 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hi!

I have a screen, and it looks like this one below. As you see, I have 2 taskbars on the same screen.

What I'm attempting to do here is to activate a detail tab (via a processflow) by allowing a user to click on a huge button on the bottom right of the screen, while keeping most of the tasks on the left side of the screen .

My first attempt to solve this was via a dummy task which would direct the user to the detail tab.

That's where I found myself building this screentype, trying to place 9 out of 10 of my table tasks on the left and one huge one on the bottom right.

If you have tried this before, you know that it doesn't work that way and now all of the 10 table tasks are in both places 😅

A couple of solutions I've already tried to achieve my separated tasks objective:

1 . Adding the task as a detail tile. This doesn't work because I can only add table references to the detail tiles, and not task references (like we can in an actual tile menu).

2 . Adding a dummy view as a detail tile which launches the "Activate detail tab" process step after being opened. This keeps opening the dummy view, so I added an extra process flow to close the document before Activating the desire detail tab which also doesnt work because I'm in the wrong context?

Is there any other process action(s) I can use as a dummy to launch the "Activate detail" process action?

Please let me know if I've missed something in my attempts, or am just way over my head 😂

Has anybody worked around this before, or have any ideas ?

Thanks in advance!
icon

Best answer by Erik Brink 20 June 2019, 21:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5
Hi Poonam,

Maybe work with a extra detail tab on the same subject using a table variant to hide all task which are not needed? The tab panel in the Screenmodeler of the SF provides you options to hide the tab header and borders completely so it looks like the detail is part of the opened subject.

Is that a possible solution you are looking for?

Regards, Erik
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi Poonam,

To add to @Erik Brink's solution, I think that this can work as long as the detail which you are trying to activate is also a detail of this 'extra detail tab'. So you would get three levels, first your main subject with the first task bar, then a dummy detail tab level (which can probably be an inheritance relationship) with just a task bar and then the detail tabs that you are trying to activate (as details of the dummy level).

Hope that helps.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Thanks @Erik Brink & @Vincent Doppenberg , I did indeed end up implementing the extra dummy detail tab to hold the task in the 2nd location.