Skip to main content
Solved

Why does Indicium log: AuthenticationScheme: "Forms/Authentication" was forbidden.

• 21 June 2024
  • 6 replies

When opening certain tables the following information gets logged in indicium:

The Universal GUI does not show anything unexpected or broken.

What causes this and how do I fix this? It might be a simple fix, but I have no idea what to do with this 😅

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey Marius,

This logging occurs when a user attempt to Edit a form that the user may not edit. Maybe because the Layout procedure disables the Edit button, or that the Model does not allow edits on the form.

I suspect that you have a process flow that attempts to place the form in Edit mode, is that correct? If not, could you clarify what process/action is trying to stage an Edit? 

The logging is nothing to be worried about. It's simply notifying you that an attempt was made but not allowed due to insufficient rights or that Edit is not allowed.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey Marius,

This logging occurs when a user attempt to Edit a form that the user may not edit. Maybe because the Layout procedure disables the Edit button, or that the Model does not allow edits on the form.

I suspect that you have a process flow that attempts to place the form in Edit mode, is that correct? If not, could you clarify what process/action is trying to stage an Edit? 

The logging is nothing to be worried about. It's simply notifying you that an attempt was made but not allowed due to insufficient rights or that Edit is not allowed.

It's correct that a layout procedure disables the edit button for certain rows. So when this row is selected, it logs this. Could it be that this is because auto-edit is turned on?

It gets logged even without the use of process flows, just by opening screens from the menu or changing detail tab.

All this works as expected, it's just that this is a lot:

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Did you by any chance changed the LogLevel in the appsettings.json from the default we provide?

We provide the one in the image below. Did you set it to Information? Or is it the same as the one below? I could only reproduce this after setting it to Information.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Did you by any chance changed the LogLevel in the appsettings.json from the default we provide?

We provide the one in the image below. Did you set it to Information? Or is it the same as the one below? I could only reproduce this after setting it to Information.

I currently don't have access to the Indicium files myself. I'll get back to you once I have 😄

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

The appsettings.json is set to Error like in the screenshot. However, the log screenshot posted on the 24th of June came from the live error log with log level set to debug. I believe the reason this log fills up with ‘AuthenticationScheme’ is that when auto-edit is enabled and editing is disabled. However in all these cases this is by design.

Is this related to the following access control validations?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello @Marius Korff,

I believe that this might have been an issue that was solved in version 2024.2.11.0 of Indicium. Can you confirm that you’re not experiencing this problem on 2024.2.11.0 or above?