Solved

What is causing the "CLEAR PANEL" message in the panel "Informatie"?

• 23 March 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

When executing a some tasks I get the message “CLEAR PANEL”. What is causing this message?

After clearing the message with “Informatiepaneel wissen” the panel is cleared and disappears. But the space that was used by the “Informatiepaneel” is not freed. So it is a lot of unused space. Is this a bug?

I am using the web GUI version 2019.2.17.0.

icon

Best answer by Erik Brink 26 March 2020, 17:01

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Johan,

The clear_panel message is used to clear the panel of any messages and make it disappear. We’ll have to investigate why this isn’t working in your case.

Could you share the part of the tasks code where the message is raised? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi Johan,

We found out an invalid casing check causes this functionality not to work for a task/report executed with a progress dialog on top. We will fix that in our next GUI release.

Workaround: for now you could set the 'clear_panel’ message to lower case.

Regards, Erik

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Erik and Jasper,

I tried changing the text CLEAR_PANEL (uppercase) to clear_panel (lowercase):

RAISERROR('<msg id ="clear_panel" severity="info" location="panel" abort="no"/>', 9, 10) WITH NOWAIT

Most of the time it works, but after running the task a few times, the information panel appears for an unknown reason and then the screen is partially restored:

Also I downloaded and installed the latest version of the web GUI (2020.1.14). But that gave the same result. It is still not stable enough (as I would like it to be), but not easy to reproduce.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi Johan,

Thanks for your response.

So the panel is now cleared correct all the time?

The new faulty behaviour sounds like a separate issue to me so I suggest to create a new topic for this. The screenshot you added is not very clear to me, so maybe you could describe the issue in a little more detail. I never seen show thing like this.

Regards, Erik

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Erik,

No it is not cleared correctly. As you can see in the image, there are still two messages CLEAR_PANEL behind a partially restored screen. Well you can not see the actual CLEAR_PANEL (you only see the icon i of information), but there are still two messages that are not cleared.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi Johan,

Maybe you could post a full screen screenshot. What components are floating over the Infopanel. This panel should always be on top of everything.

Maybe the browser tools (F12) will provide us some extra information about this faulty behaviour?