Solved

Variant conditional layout

• 19 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Good morning, I would like to have a conditional layout in a variant of a subject. With a default subject template, I would go to Subjects > Default > select the relevant subject > Data > Conditional layouts. However, with Variants, there is no option for Conditional layouts in the Data tab. My current workaround is to create a view that contains the same data as the variant I want a conditional layout for, then set that view as a detail of the Default subject. This is quite unpractical, and I feel like I should be able to set a conditional layout in a variant. Is this at all possible?

Edit: I just found out that I can create a Conditional layout in the Default, then enable or disable this layout in the Variant.

icon

Best answer by Dries Fransen 19 October 2021, 10:01

View original

2 replies

Hi Dries, in order to enable a conditional layout in a variant, you first have to specify a conditional layout in the Default subject. Afterwards, it is possible to enable and disable conditional layouts for specific variants.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Dries,

It is not possible to create Conditional layouts for Variants, but you can Show conditional layouts that are entered at the original object. You can enter the Conditional layout on the original object and hide it there, then show it for the specific Variant.

Enter the Conditional layout at the original object
Either show or hide the Conditional layout on Variants

Edit: Seems like you found it ;)