Skip to main content
Solved

Universal: Hide prefilters + search in form

• 18 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Is it possible to hide the search box + prefilters in the Form in the Universal GUI action bar?

We do want to have them available in the list. But in the form we only want the CRUD + task buttons.

I tried setting up the action bar to only show tasks + Crud and in the list screen add a search + prefilter bar. While this has the desired result, the layout is different from the normal action bar which makes it feel messy. Also the search box doesn't show the box but just a magnifier icon with a popup box this way:

List
Form

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi Peter,

Currently it’s not possible to indicate which items should be there per action bar, just in general. I’ve been wanting this as well. Can you create an idea to set the toolbar_order per action bar. This helps us see how many people want this and to determine priority.

The best option I see for now is to hide the action bar completely, and just fill in the bars you want. I see CRUD actions, so this might not work for you, then manually add a toolbar where the toolbar_order only specifies “Crud” in the “end” section. (https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/sf/screen_types#change-the-order-in-the-action-bar)

Then on one tabpage you’d model something like

taskbar (on the left) | action bar (on the right)

And on the other tabpage you’d model something like:

search | prefilter (both on the left) | action bar (on the right)

Making sure the action bars on both tabs are aligned.

Kind regards,

Tim de Lang