Solved

Universal GUI - Maps component

• 13 July 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Is developing an integrated maps component :map: for the Universal GUI one of the things on the Sprint Backlog? 

I'm curious how to configurate the Maps component for the Universal GUI, will this work in a similar way to the extender in SF? Before we take out a paid membership for our Geocoder component I'm also curious if there will be a specific third-party for the Universal GUI integration. 

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 19 July 2021, 10:42

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Dennis,

The Maps component is planned for the Universal GUI. It will be similar as implemented the Windows GUI. You will still need a geocoder to take care of the map. To my knowledge we will support the same geocoders as we do now.

Instead of an extender, Maps will become natively part of the Software Factory and be more friendly for the developer to set up.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@Dennis van Leeuwen In addition to the reply from @Mark Jongeling: according to the Universal planning a (basic) Maps component is actually scheduled to be delivered in the Beta release of this Friday. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Ah indeed, a basic version is indeed finished with the upcoming release of the Universal GUI. I haven't seen it myself so I'm excited to see it too 😁

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Instead of an extender, Maps will become natively part of the Software Factory and be more friendly for the developer to set up.

My experience with the extender is that it's already easy to configure, but more "user-friendly" is always good.

@Arie V Let it be Friday soon, I'm very curious :nerd:

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

My experience with the extender is that it's already easy to configure, but more "user-friendly" is always good.

@Arie V Let it be Friday soon, I'm very curious :nerd:

I'm as curious as you are!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

See here :wink:Release notes Universal GUI (2021.2.14 BETA) | Thinkwise Community (thinkwisesoftware.com)