Solved

Universal GUI login

• 14 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

When accessing the Universal GUI from the web browser, Windows authentication is first requested. Only after ignoring (canceling) this pop-up will you arrive at the login screen.

How can we get rid of the first pop-up?

icon

Best answer by Vincent Doppenberg 15 October 2021, 12:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello Dennis,

The Universal GUI ‘application’ (folder) in IIS Manager should only have Anonymous Authentication enabled and none of the other authentication types:

If you want to use integrated Windows Authentication, then this should be configured on the Indicium Universal application in the IIS Manager, not the Universal GUI application. In order to implement integrated Windows Authentication correctly, please follow the steps outlined here, which works for Indicium Universal as well as the Web GUI.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hello Vincent, 

I use the settings as described on the platform, am I missing something?

IIS - Universal GUI folder

IIS - Windows Authentication 

Internet Properties - Custom Level  > Trusted sites

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello Dennis,

Are you getting the browser login prompt on the Universal login page or the Indicium login page? It really should not be showing on the Universal login page anymore given that Anonymous authentication is enabled there. If you’re still seeing it there, try enabling only Anonymous authentication on the Default website. If there are applications where you want Anonymous authentication to be turned off and Windows authentication to be turned on, then configure these settings on those application specifically, not on the Default website as a whole.

With that said, if you are seeing the browser login prompt on the Indicium login page, then we might still be missing some necessary configuration. You can try the following steps, in order and test if it works after each step:

1. Open the web.config file of Indicium and add the following attribute to the <aspNetCore> element: forwardWindowsAuthToken="true".
  2. Write out the complete Trusted site URL without using any wildcards and including the https scheme.
  3. Check if you turned on the ‘Automatic logon only in Intranet zone’ option. If so, try setting it to ‘Automatic logon with current username and password’ instead.
  4. Try Google Chrome instead of Edge to see if it works there.
  5. Configure the settings from step 2 for the Local intranet zone as well.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Vincent, 

I was getting the browser login prompt on the Universal login page. It looks like that configure authentication settings (enabling only Anonymous authentication) for sites and applications on the Default Web Site  solved the problem :clap_tone3:

Thanks for your help.