Solved

Universal GUI - Filter condition not changing for numeric field

• 22 November 2022
  • 10 replies

Badge

We have a filter issue for a non-reference field with datatype NUMERIC. The filter condition set in the SF doesnt reflect the filter in the GUI. In the SF ‘equal to’ is set to filter condition, but in universal it keeps showing up as ‘bigger then or equal to’. When set to ‘equal to’ in the SF, we would like to see a combobox populated with all existing values in the table.

icon

Best answer by Erik Brink 23 November 2022, 09:23

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi Tristan,

You can configure the filter condition at project version and subject/column level. Which one are you using?

What platform and GUI version are you using?

Best regards,
Erik

Badge

Hi Tristan,

You can configure the filter condition at application and at the subject/column level. Which one are you using?

What platform and GUI version are you using?

Best regards,
Erik

Hi Erik,

We set the filters at subject/column level. We use platform Universal and version 2022.2.14

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

You mentioned the usage of a combobox. Do you mean, the column is the target of a lookup reference of a domain with elements?

Badge

You mentioned the usage of a combobox. Do you mean, the column is the target of a lookup reference of a domain with elements?

Hi Erik,

No this isnt the case, the column holds for example material length's so values could be: 1000, 2500 and 3000. We would then like to see a combobox holding these values and filtering the grid when selecting one.

Hope this is clear

Regards Tristan

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

The GUI will load the column definition with its filter condition by requesting the `i_ui_col` view of SF/IAM. What is the result of this query:

SELECT [gui_appl_id]
,[tab_id]
,[tab_variant_id]
,[col_id]
,[dom_id],[visible_for_filter]
,[filter_condition]
,[filter_order_no]
,[dttp_type]
,[control_id]
,[col_id_transl]
FROM [UNIVERSAL_SF].[dbo].[i_ui_col]
WHERE tab_id = '...' and col_id = '...'

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

In addition, we did some improvement to the chosen filter condition in the 2022.2.15.0 release of the GUI. You can give that one a try too.

Badge

The GUI will load the column definition with its filter condition by requesting the `i_ui_col` view of SF/IAM. What is the result of this query:

SELECT [gui_appl_id]
,[tab_id]
,[tab_variant_id]
,[col_id]
,[dom_id],[visible_for_filter]
,[filter_condition]
,[filter_order_no]
,[dttp_type]
,[control_id]
,[col_id_transl]
FROM [UNIVERSAL_SF].[dbo].[i_ui_col]
WHERE tab_id = '...' and col_id = '...'

Hello Erik,

thanks for your reply, what value should I use for tab_id? One of the query results (with tab_id = 'gui_col’) is this. Is this as expected?

6    gui_col        length    NULL    0    NULL    47    0    NULL    Length

Thanks

Tristan

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

“tab_id” references to the id of the subject of this case and "col_id” to the id of the column you filter on. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Any updates on this one? Or do you need us to take a look at this with you?

Badge

Any updates on this one? Or do you need us to take a look at this with you?

This issue is fixed with the new 2022.2.15.0 release of the GUI, thanks for assisting!

Greetings Tristan