• 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

When I do a

dbo.tsf_send_message ‘message’, null, 1 -- abort

in a task, I get a dialog like this in the Universal GUI:

In the WebGUI you'll get something like this:

Difference? Cancel versus OK.

Why is the Universal giving a Cancel button, and the WebGUI a OK button?

With Cancel you'd expect the task to be cancelled, but you don't, you're returned to the task (Press cancel to continue?). It's kind of a acknowledgement, but not a cancel I think.

Why is this a Cancel button, and not a OK or “Dismiss” for example?

icon

Best answer by Erik Brink 1 July 2021, 15:54

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi René, 

This has been brought to the Universal team's attention internally by another colleague. “Underwater” the Universal GUI does the same thing as other GUI's but the button has a different translation, but they do do the same action. The team will look at it soon. Does this answer suffice?

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi René, 

This has been brought to the Universal team's attention internally by another colleague. “Underwater” the Universal GUI does the same thing as other GUI's but the button has a different translation, but they do do the same action. The team will look at it soon. Does this answer suffice?

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the answer, that is sufficient for now. I think we'll see it back in the release notes of the universal gui I guess :-). I'm curious about what it's going to be. The material design guideline is not really clear about this.

Br, René

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I just heard the fix for this is part of the current Universal GUI sprint, meaning next release it is fixed :thumbsup_tone1:

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Update: this change will be part of the 2021.2.13 release, which comes available tomorrow, the 2nd of July.