Solved

Tasks and Cubes - Task Parameters

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

I like to do data mutations from inside a cube by using a task

For some reason field values are not passed accross

Can anyone explain what are the requirements for using tasks in combination with cubes?

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 4 May 2021, 09:24

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Harm,

Cubes are able to pass on selected row values to connected Tab-Tasks. Is the Task connected to the Table/View that shows the Cube? And does the Cube have a Value column, or only Rows?

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Yes it has 2 column fields and 1 data field

This is how the output looks like:

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

When a Task is connected to the underlying View, you also need to connect the Cube fields/View columns to the Task parameters. This way data of the selected row/value will be put into the connected parameter(s):

Example

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

This is what I have done, like a regular table with grid view.

I cannot find any additional settings in TSF for thje combination of tasks with cubes

I also see that the Context Procedure is not fired when the dataset is shown visualized as a cube.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Harm,

I may have found the cause. When the PK column(s) is/are not available in the Cube, the connection doesn’t function correctly. For me, I tried it with a Relation table and relation_id (PK) was not present as Cube field. Upon adding that field, the Task parameter was filled in successfully. Can you check that fixes it for you?

Result
SF

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Mark,

Finally, it works! I see no reason, why this is reguired for tasks. I have added the missing PK columns to the cube. Not to the cube view, so they are not visible for anybody, which is how we want it. 

I would recommend to add this to the documentation, it took me a lot of time, which cannot be charged to the customer.

Anyways, thanks for your help. :thumbsup_tone1:

Best regards, 

Harm

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Harm,

Great it solved your problem. I will create a TCP ticket for it to let it be documented. :thumbsup_tone1: