Solved

Task shortcuts are executed from parent table

• 16 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

One of our users has found an interesting problem.

Suppose we have a parent table, in our case it is an Order table.

This table has a child table called Order Tree.

This Order Tree child table itself has a child table called Materials.

In our application it is possible to plan an order using a task, which is available using a shortcut CTRL+1. Users can acces this task from both the Order table and the Materials table, but the functionality is slightly different for both tables, because of table task parameters that are or aren't filled.If the user is not actively selecting the Materials table, using CTRL+1 will execute the task in the Order table, even if it is not visible as list or form.

Even stranger, I can execute the tasks in our Order table from the Material table, even if they are not present in the Material table. For instance, I can confirm the whole order from the Material table using the shortcut.

Is this behaviour on purpose or did we find a bug?

We are on the Windows GUI version 2021.1.13.0.

icon

Best answer by Erwin Ekkel 19 March 2021, 12:52

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "even if it is not visible as list or form.”. Are you selecting the Material table directly and not as a detail? I tried to recreate your user case but I do not get the same result. Is the parameter hidden and mandatory? 

Userlevel 1

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "even if it is not visible as list or form.”. Are you selecting the Material table directly and not as a detail? I tried to recreate your user case but I do not get the same result. Is the parameter hidden and mandatory? 

Hello Erwin,

I may have made my question too complicated. Here is a simpeler example:

My cursor is the results table in the SF, and I have selected the first row. Using ALT+R, I can somehow call the task in the parent table Control procedure.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello Thomas,

It's possible to execute a task on a higher level using a keyboard shortcut from a lower level. Therefore it's good practice to not use the same task with different functionality on 2 levels if it has a shortcut. Using a variant is not an option since it will still use the same shortcut. You can however create a new task and assign the template to this task as well and then give this task a different shortcut combination, or deactivate the shortcut for one of the tasks. 

Userlevel 1

Hello Erwin,

Thank you for your reply and explanation!