Solved

Task for date helper in universal not working , which works in GUI.

• 11 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

In the date helper, there is a task to go tot the current date. This task is working in the GUI. However, the same task in universal is not working. Can someone please guide?

GUI image

Universal image

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 11 August 2022, 13:46

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi,

Considering Universal uses pagination to protect the GUI from loading in millions of records, I guess there's no pagination set up for the Date helper table in your data model. Most likely, today is not included in the dataset that Universal is obtaining nor can it obtain it as no pagination is set-up. 

Windows GUI does not use pages and therefore is able to navigate to the row. Is my assumption correct?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thanks Mark, for a quick reply. I have not set pagination in data model. How can I set it? Can you please help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

In the Software Factory, under User interface > Subjects, you can select the Date helper table and change the Page size setting on the Settings tab:

100 records per page

(If the Date helper is a generated table coming from a base project, you'll have to go into that project and change it there. Thereafter, regenerate the definitions of your work project)

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thanks a lot Mark!! Now it’s showing the current date ! :)