Solved

Suppress grid header in Universal GUI not supported or bug?

• 22 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

According to the description in https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/sf/screen_types.html#designing-a-screen-type the grid header can be suppressed with the property "Show grid header".
This is highly desirable in order to maximize the number of records displayed on a mobile device. But we can't get this feature to work in the Universal GUI.
Is this property supported in the Universal GUI and so should it work, or is it not supported yet?

We use UniversalĀ GUI versionĀ 2021.2.16.0

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 22 September 2021, 10:15

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Marc,

Just contacted the Universal GUI team about this and heard this setting is not yet implemented. Since it is also not yet on their backlog, feel free to create an Idea for this. That way we can keep you posted if the idea meets implementation.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Mark

Thanks for the quick response.
The answer surprises us a bit. We were under the impression that the intention of Thinkwise was that eventually all functionality described in the documentation would be supported in the Universal GUI. Apparently that's not the case...
I will create an idea for this point.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Mark

Thanks for the quick response.
The answer surprises us a bit. We were under the impression that the intention of Thinkwise was that eventually all functionality described in the documentation would be supported in the Universal GUI. Apparently that's not the case...
I will create an idea for this point.

That is indeed the plan. The platform offers a lot of features of course, just not everything has found a dedicated entry on the backlog yet; but I'm sure now it will :wink: .