Smart upgrade doesn't seem to work after suite upgrade to 2022.1

• 25 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

We recently upgraded the Thinkwise platform to the latest 2022.1 version. I just tried the very first creation process with it but it doesn’t seem to be doing a smart upgrade. As you can see in the screenshot I did choose the smart option:

However this seems to produce code as if it was a full upgrade. The many code steps below indicate this as well. Before this list was often a lot shorter when doing smart upgrades:

I don’t want to do a full upgrade especially when I repeat the process on the production database.

I’ve already regenerated the definition of the previous version but that doesn’t seem to have an effect.

What else can I try here?

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hmm where did my screenshots go??

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

What version did you upgrade from? And are you getting ALL code or some additional code (that’s not changed). If it’s not all code what extra code are you getting? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

The upgrade went from 2021.1 to 2022.1. The upgrade code for our end-product only contains a couple tables that actually changed but the views part of the code for example seems to regenerate all views in the data model. Same goes for indexes and a few other steps. I’ve decided to simply just apply all the code as is and then see if the smart upgrade is more selective for the next version of our end-product.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

If you keep running into issues it would be best to report this as a ticket in TCP so we can investigate this. Also if you notice one object being applied each version without any changes check if all GUI mandatory fields are set. You can test this easily by creating a new branch don’t change anything and then do a smart upgrade there should not be any objects changed, unless there is some dynamic model in place causing this.