Solved

Show popup with change log to users in web

• 30 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi, 

We have a web app and have several parties with several users using this software. Now, every time we have a new release and push this to production, all users have the latest version - with new features and bugs fixed etc. 

What possibilities are there for having a popup appear with a change log where we can show what has been implemented, has been fixed/changed and such?  Users acknowledges this update and can use the app. 

This saves us an email or call to our users every time we update :nerd:

In an ideal world we would even be able to send a push message, in case of unforeseen reboots or backups or whatever. 

Any thoughts on this? 

Alex  

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 1 July 2020, 13:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey Alex,

There's always the option to set a Start Object in IAM for all users. This object could be a Process flow, Task or Table. For your case I think I would start a Process Flow that will open a Task panel that says that there has been an update. The user then can say Yes of No to seeing the Changelog. If pressed yes, the Process Flow will open the Changelog. Be sure that the Process Flow only opens the first time so the user doesn’t get it everytime he or she logs in. A simple checkbox would suffice.

Would that be what you are looking for? Hope it helps :wink:

Kind regards,

Mark Jongeling

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Thnx, I will look into this. Sounds promising! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey Alex,

Also look at this topic: 

René has a similar concept, only difference being you would want to show the Changelog after every update and he only at the first time upon opening the application. Maybe you can get inspired :wink:

Kind regards,
Mark Jongeling