Solved

Sending teams messages from the windows GUI to an individual

• 17 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi all,

After wachting the following video from the Thinkwise summit, I wanted to integrate a process that could send a message to a person (not a channel, but an individual) in teams. 

I found the following topic Notification options with the Thinkwise platform?, but it seems like the Graph API integration has not been a success. I'm interested to see if anyone has integrated Teams and how they managed to get it so send an individual a chat message. 

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Arie V 19 April 2023, 22:18

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Mark Leunissen 

We actually got the route via the MS Graph API working! We are creating Chats and sending Teams chat Messages including a Deeplink to the specific Subject and record in the Thinkwise (Universal) app. 

Quite a bit of the configuration steps can be found in my comment here: 

Let me know if you have specific additional questions.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@Mark Leunissen A few more specific details I could quickly find:

In the Azure AD App registration we added the following MS Graph permissions:

We have a standardized Process Flow that handles all our integrations. As part of this Process Flow we first queue a message that will ensure the HTTP Connector performs the desired Create.Chat call and based on the response we add another message in the queue that will ensure the HTTP Connector performs the desired ChatMessage.Send call.

We always perform both calls. If a chat between our Automation user and the target user has been created before, the Create.Chat will simply return the existing Chat ID (as you can read in the Microsoft docs), so all messages land in the same chat for the target user:

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Arie V 

Thanks for your extensive response. This is exactly what I was looking for. I'll let you know if I have any additional questions!