Solved

Sending an e-mail with SMTP connector fails in scheduled process flow but with a table task it succeeds

• 31 January 2022
  • 6 replies

In my application I want to send emails. I have an email queue with emails which are sent with a process flow which uses the SMTP connector.

When I trigger the process of sending the emails with a table task it’s working and I get status code: “0 - Successful” from the SMTP connector.

When I trigger the process flow by scheduling it. The SMTP connector return status code: “-2 - Unsuccessful (making a connection with server failed)”. 

Has anybody an idea what’s going on?

icon

Best answer by rzwambag 3 February 2022, 13:10

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Can you post a screenshot of the process flow? Does it have any additional steps?

Hi @Erwin Ekkel,

Thanks for your quick reply. Here are two screenshot of my process flow. The first is from the task which triggers the process. This is working fine and the SMTP connector returns status code: 0.

The second screenshot is from my scheduler system flow. This was a copy of the first with the difference that the table task process action is removed to be able to run it as a system flow. The SMTP connector returns now status code: “-2 - Unsuccessful (making a connection with server failed)”. 

Process Flow Task
System Process Flow

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Can you try hardcoding a post in the SMTP connector and see if it runs from the system flow? It seems like the input is somehow different. 

Hi @Erwin Ekkel ,

I discovered that indicium generates this error:

2022-02-01T12:02:00.0934599+01:00  [ERR] Process action 'email_send' in processflow 'schedule_process_email' threw an exception. (a66b694a)
System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Server does not support secure connections.
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpConnection.ConnectAndHandshakeAsyncResult.SendEHelloCallback(IAsyncResult result)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpConnection.ConnectAndHandshakeAsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult result)
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.ConnectCallback(IAsyncResult result)
at Indicium.Shared.ProcessFlows.SystemActions.SmtpConnector.StartInternal(ReadOnlyDictionary`2 inputParameters) in C:\azp\agent\_work\1\s\src\Indicium.Shared\ProcessFlows\SystemActions\SmtpConnector.cs:line 319
2022-02-01T12:03:00.1863489+01:00 [ERR] Process action 'email_send' in processflow 'schedule_process_email' threw an exception. (a66b694a)
System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Server does not support secure connections.
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpConnection.ConnectAndHandshakeAsyncResult.SendEHelloCallback(IAsyncResult result)
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpConnection.ConnectAndHandshakeAsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult result)
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.ConnectCallback(IAsyncResult result)
at Indicium.Shared.ProcessFlows.SystemActions.SmtpConnector.StartInternal(ReadOnlyDictionary`2 inputParameters) in C:\azp\agent\_work\1\s\src\Indicium.Shared\ProcessFlows\SystemActions\SmtpConnector.cs:line 319

The Variable smtp_use_ssl bevat de waarde 

smtp_ssl_off

So in the Windows Client when triggered with a Table Task this works fine. 

When triggered with a schedule in Indicium it gives the error above.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Can you check the input variables for the SSL usage on the IAM database using these select statements. Enter the process flow name (id) to filter on the smtp connector. 

select * from i_core_process_action_input_parmtr where process_flow_id = 

select * from i_core_process_variable                     where process_flow_id = 

Hi @Erwin Ekkel ,

Thanks for your support! When I was rebuilding my testcase somehow it suddenly worked.