Skip to main content
Solved

Recognize the detail tab that is active

• 22 May 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello, 

It is there a possibility to recognize which tab is active from a screen? I want to create a context to show me the detail tab A when the detail tab B is active.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hello Elena,

Perhaps you can achieve what it is you wish to achieve by using the @active_target_ref_id parameter that is available in every context procedure? This parameter should display the name of the active reference tab.

Let me know if that helps!

Kind regards,

Renée

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello Renee, 

I tried to use this parameter, but it did not work. Can you give me an example o how it can be used in a condition? 

Thank you

I thought I had it clear, until I started testing it. It seems not to always give you the @active_target_ref_id?

In a example of having 1 main with 2 details (A, B), I can click on both tabs, but only one of them is giving me a @active_target_ref_id that is not NULL.

The same with more than 2 details, there is always one that seems to have the value returned and all the other give NULL.

I am curious now too what the answer will be or if this is a new found bug. If a bug, this might also explain some navigational issues I am having with certain process flows.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hey Elena and Mark,

I did some research into this topic yesterday and I have come to the realization that the context procedure isn't triggered upon changing tab pages. So even though the @active_target_ref_id is filled most of the time, it can't actively be used to disable another tab page until the main page that the context is assigned to is refreshed.

If the situation is such that the current screen is already a detail screen of another, then he @active_target_ref_id seems to display the reference to the parent of the current detail screen, instead of the child. I hope you guys can somewhat follow.

It works this way in both the Windows GUI as well as the Universal GUI, so currently this is intended functionality.

I do understand the wish for a change in this functionality to support your desired situation, so I would advise you to create an idea for this, in which you describe the end result you wish to achieve. Then we can look into implementing it in the future and most likely also include a double check into the @active_target_ref_id parameter 🤗

@Renée Evertzen Thank you for your response. That seems indeed quite logical that the context is called because of the record showing, so it is technically not related to a tab activation.

I can already see some dilemma’s on creating a feature to implement this, but I am curious what Thinkwise might think of, if possible.

As the Topic holder is @ElenaTodirenchi, I’ll leave the creation of the idea to her.