Solved

Random application warning in Universal GUI

• 24 June 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Anyone has run into the following strange behaviour?
In the universal I’m getting a total unexpected application warning (from the application Messages in the SF) (Sorry the screenshot will not get any smaller)

The error message is an application message, but is for 100% sure not called from the task I executed.
The error message is only called from 1 default script in the application an this script is not called at this time. In the Windows GUI I’m not getting this message. (Below you see the code search for this message)

I’m on all latest versions, including the last hotfixes. 

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 25 June 2021, 09:44

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Nog even ter aanvulling… In de Indicium log is niets te zien. Ik start de applicatie op via de Indicium_SF.

To add… In the Indicium log I don't see anything related to this. I start up the application via Indicium_SF

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Edwin,

Are you certain that the task is not part of a Process flow where the message is shown after successfully running the task? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Yes 100%. It’s an message that is called from a default for a masterdata item. And I’m not using procesflows in the universal. It’s just a simple task, but for 100% sure it does not update the master data where this message is called from. It’s also not a message that is called in a trigger or what so ever. As you see this default procedure is the only one using this error message, and I’m not calling default procedures in procesflows, and I’m not using a procesflow here.

The message is not shown in the WINDOWS GUI!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Could you export a HAR file from your browser? This will include the request done by the Universal GUI and we'll be able to see what happens between the Universal GUI and Indicium. You can send the HAR file to me at mjongeling@thinkwisesoftware.com and I'll take a look at it.

Open up the Developer tools (F12), go to the network tab and make sure the Network is being recorded. Reproduce the error and afterward extract a HAR file like this:

Export HAR file

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Edwin, Thank you for the HAR file.

I let someone take a look at it and it seems that the message is truly thrown in the commit of the Task. What you can try is to reapply all code onto the database, maybe this task has an older version of its code on the database. In Code search, can you search for the message again but also include generated code? Maybe that will show some more.

How the Windows GUI is not throwing this message is not clear to me.

If the error persist after reapplying all code, I think we'll have to take a closer look at it. You can then create a ticket in TCP.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

It is solved with the servicedesk. There was a print command in the default script which caused that the UI showed the first entered message in the Software factory. Literally first one wich in the list of messages ordered alphabetically…. 
So, whether the Software Factory should give a warning when a print command is in the template, or the print command should be recognized by the Universal GUI en actually shows the print statement. That’s very worthfull for debugging.