Solved

Process flow parameters

• 25 February 2021
  • 8 replies

When we execute a print task it takes the parameters planning_tekenkamer_onderdeel_id and bgs_bestand. The report doesn't import the parameters planning_tekenkamer_onderdeel_id and bgs_bestand.

icon

Best answer by Erwin Ekkel 13 April 2021, 08:31

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

​Hi,

I think there's something wrong going on in your process flow which inputting the values into the Print report process action. This is the result your are looking for correct?:

Execute task → Print report

For this to work you need the following:

• Task with parameters (either filled in by user or automatically by default/selected row)
  • Report with parameters (filled by process action
  • Process flow with Start → Execute (table) task → Print report → End
    • Process variables for the parameters that you want to give to the Print report
    • Assign parameters->variables in Output of Execute (table) Task
    • Assign variables->parameters in Input of Print report
SF
DevExpress report

Does this solve it for you?

The proces works when i give it constant values but with variables it doesnt want to pass it on to the next step.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

To give Process variables a value, one option is to assign them to the Output of a Process action. When the Task parameters then get a value, etiher filled in by the user like in my example, or through being assigned to a table and it's columns, the Output will make sure the Task parameter values will end up in the Process variables. 

Then these variables can be used as input for other Process actions, like the Print Report. 

Process flow

Process variables

Output parameters fill the Process variables (id and text)

Process variables (id and text) connected to the Input of the Print report

We looked and followed your steps and it still doesn't work. He still doesnt take the parameters from step to step? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Are you using the windows GUI? 
Did you use the process flow monitor to analyze the issue? 

Can you also post a screenshot of your Process Flow (design screen) and the input/output variables as applied in process actions input/output?

We used the process flow monitor and it shows the same results as the debugger, it doesn't pass on the parameters to the next step as i previously explained.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Based on your explanation and screenshots I can't find any errors. I think the best option is for me to have a look with you. I will send you a private message so we can arrange this. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Running the latest hotfixes this problem was solved.