Solved

Process flow after close document

Badge +1

We would like to delete some data (as a kind of reset) after a user has closed a screen.

Is there a way to run a task after the user exits a screen (close document)?

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 14 May 2021, 12:12

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Robert, 

The process action Close document is not a valid starting point for a Process flow. We will update the Documentation accordingly so I don't have to give you the bad news.:wink:

Badge +1

Hi Mark,

Thanks Documentation for the bad news! :wink:

Can this be achieved in a different way instead of a process flow?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Mark,

It depends a bit on what you want to achieve. What should the Task do? And what actions happened before the user decides to close the screen? If I know that, I can probably find a way to achieve the desired goal.

Badge +1

Hi Mark,

It depends a bit on what you want to achieve. What should the Task do? And what actions happened before the user decides to close the screen? If I know that, I can probably find a way to achieve the desired goal.

When exiting the screen for any reason, data should be deleted using the username (tsf_user ()) across multiple tables. This so that the data on the database is deleted and when the screen is opened next time it is empty for use.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Could you do it the other way like upon Opening the document/screen cleaning the data that is present?

Badge +1

For now I am going to apply it this way, however this is not the way I intended. Thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

For all process flow actions, we added whether they can be used as a starting point and/or as a system flow https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/sf/process_flows.html#available-process-actions
For example:

Activate document

Starting point Win/Web GUI Starting point Indicium System flow action
+ + -