Skip to main content

Hi,

I have added a document column to a view and used the preview component to make it show. The preview didn’t show however, while it was the only document column in the view. This view has 40 columns where the new document column was the last in line. I moved the column up in the subject to find out if this might solve it, but it didn’t. Then I moved the column up in the model itself (to the fifth position) and this gave the expected result.

So my question is if there is a max number of columns that is checked if it contains a document column (and if so, how many) or was this just by chance and is something else the reason the preview didn't show?

@Robert Wijn 2 the simplest explanation I could think of is that you also have a URL control in your view, which was an earlier column than the File control initially. The Previewer will try and display the first of these Controls it encounters. Could that be the case?

Hi Ari,

There is no URL-control in the view. The only column type that comes near is a note column which has a HTML control as the presentation. Could that be the one?

@Robert Wijn 2 you’re right, the Previewer also tries to preview HTML Controls. So the solution is, as you found already, to have the File control before the other type of Controls the Previewer looks at. Will ask Documentation team to better clarify this in the Docs.

Hi Ari,

Thanks for the clarification. I will make a note of it. Also good to know that an HTML-control for a note can be used in a preview. Might come in handy some time.