Solved

Power BI OData feed

• 10 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

We are playing with the Power BI OData Service Document endpoint that is supported since Indicium 2022.2.17 and tried to get Suggestion 3 from this blog working (adding table name and select / filter criteria after the application.svc in the OData URL). 

• We are able to load the https://my_server/indicium/iam/iam/application.svc endpoint
  • We are able to load the endpoint example as stated in the below image (from the blog)
  • We are not able to load the application.svc endpoint including similar Table name and select or filter criteria and instead get an 404 error.

Is this functionality not supported by Thinkwise, or is the syntax supposed to be different?

icon

Best answer by Vincent Doppenberg 14 February 2023, 11:46

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello Arie,

We have implemented the .svc endpoint in a slightly different way. Typically, the .svc endpoint is the root URL of the API and entities can then be queried by appending them to this root URL. In Indicium, the .svc endpoint is not the root URL of the API, but is instead itself an appendage to the root URL as <root>/application.svc. The reason for this is that we already had an expected response for the root URL before we supported the .svc endpoint.

So, in Indicium valid URLs are constructed like this, whereas in typical OData APIs the .svc endpoint is the root.

root https://my_server/indicium/iam/appl
.svc endpoint <root>/application.svc
entity endpoint <root>/entity

And on entity endpoints you can use the standard OData parameters like $select and $filter, as documented here

We will consider standardizing this if we can do so without causing issues. Until then, I hope this is helpful.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@Vincent Doppenberg Thanks for the clarification! This will work for us.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@Vincent Doppenberg One slightly related question: is there an OData Service Document endpoint for IAM too?

Update: probably rights issue, did find IAM tables now.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@Vincent Doppenberg Or maybe my question on IAM still stands with respect to the application.svc OData feed. Getting this error now: