Solved

Possibility to select no rows in a treelist

• 31 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

Good day,

We would like to know if a possibility exists to select no row in a treelist (webGUI)

Right now, when a user opens a screen, the first row is selected by default.

This is not always desirable for our customers. Let me explain this in a use case:

Project structure: a tree list

The + button at the left side creates a new project one level beneath of the project that is currently selected.

However, because the first row is selected by default, it is never possible for customers to create a project on the same level as the project that is currently selected. 

Kind regards,

Ronald

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 31 March 2021, 14:48

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Ronald,

As far as I'm aware of it is not possible to not select any row in a treeview. A solution to this is using a View for this treeview and having an entry that is an empty row called '...’ 

Does this alternative help?

Badge

Hello Mark, 

This is a solution to let it function, but I don't think this is a good solution with regard to User Experience. Namely, this would imply that users have to click on this empty row before they want to create a new project on the highest level.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I do understand the need for this in the way the application is functioning, but not having anything selected in the tree can also have negative side effects for the other screen components. 

Feel free to create an idea for this:thumbsup_tone1: 
Idea here: 
Possibility to select no rows in a treelist | Thinkwise Community (thinkwisesoftware.com)