Question

Pagination and max no of records in Universal 2024.1.13

• 17 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Pagination in Universal is a nice new feature in 2024.1.13. However, it appears that the number of pages for a table is maximized to the modeled number of "max no. of records" for a table.

For performance reasons with the Windows Gui, we have provided some tables with a maximum number of records, but in Universal this is not necessary with pagination.

It is even inconvenient because some of the records are no longer accessible.

Or am I missing something?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Frank,

This sounds a bit odd and not intended. Could you create a ticket for this? The max no. of records setting should I believe affect the total number of records with all pages combined: e.g. Max no. of records 502 is 10 pages of 50 items and 1 page of 2 items. 

It might be an unintended result of this change in the Univeral GUI from 2024.1.13:

If you do not declare a page size in the Software Factory, the table only displays the first 100 rows. We have added pagination so you can still navigate to the rows after row 100.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@Frank Junger we did encounter odd bad_request behavior caused by URLs which included $top=-x00 (minus included in the $top) due to the combination of having Pagination of 100 and a Max no. of records setting in Universal GUI 2024.1.13.

Not sure if it also happens with the Pagination setting left empty now that it defaults to 100, but it seems the Max no. of records should be left empty in relation to the Universal GUI. We did raise a TCP for this, but hope the Universal team can also clarify the intended use of this setting.

Badge +1

Hello Mark, Arie, thanks for your response

@Mark Jongeling, is it still necessary that I also create a ticket in TCP?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Considering Arie has a similar ticket, I don't think it will be necessary.