Solved

Outlook does not open when using mailer

• 7 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +4

If we don't have outlook open we get the following message when using the mailer:

If outlook is open then the mailer does start up in outlook.

icon

Best answer by Erwin Ekkel 4 January 2024, 15:06

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

I see that this question has been unanswered on the platform for 20 days. In the meantime, is there more information on what is causing this problem?

Since last week, one of our end users has had the same or similar problem. When (through a process flow) the ReportMailer is kicked off where the user already has Outlook open the system comes up with the following message:

The mail template is not prepared and a follow-up message appears:

On one hand we want the solution to the problem but on the other hand can you explain which (local) DLL files are used by the ReportMailer?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Which version of the gui are you using? Since there has been a fix regarding outlook in the 2023.3.11 release: 

Release notes Windows GUI (2023.3.11) | Thinkwise Community (thinkwisesoftware.com)

Badge +4

We use:

This is the message in Thinkwise:

Het ophalen van de COM-classfactory voor het onderdeel met CLSID {0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} is mislukt vanwege de volgende fout: 80080005 Uitvoeren vanaf de server is mislukt (Uitzondering van HRESULT: 0x80080005 (CO_E_SERVER_EXEC_FAILURE)).

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

My colleague still has the problem and is just running on the latest Windows GUI. Is there any way to further dissect and debug this problem? What actions can I still perform as an application administrator ❓

Current GUI version

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

During debugging I have excluded that it is not a local profile issue. This is because the problem cannot be reproduced when the user logs in to another workstation.

The solution for this user was to run the application as "run as administrator." I have set in the shortcut to run the shortcut as administrator by default. However, this is strange and not directly explainable from my opinion because other users do not have this checkmark on by default.

Run as administrator

For now a fine solution/workaround, is this explainable from your expertise?  

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I asked around but we don't really have an explanation for this. If a user who has a working profile logs onto his system do they then also experience this problem? Then it might be a problem on the work station it self, and not so much the account.