Skip to main content
Solved

No results on grid due to odata error

• 14 June 2024
  • 6 replies

As we want to move to the Universal GUI, we are checking of all works. That's not the case.

When we try to open some grids in Universal GUI, this causes errors as the URL that is passed in IAM seems to be too long

This happens for several models, like this example email_object

Can this be solved soon, as this is blocking for us to migrate to U-GUI

I also shared scholarship with Robbert van Tongeren

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi,

In IIS it is possible to set the maximum amount of characters a URL can be. This most likely needs to be increased in your situation.

In your IIS, find the Site that the Universal GUI is running in, go to Request filtering, the on the right select Edit Feature Settings…, then alter the Maximum URL length setting. I believe that can fix this.

If you use something else, I'm afraid I do not know the answer then, but this URL length restriction can most likely be changed in any web server.

Edit: The reply below this one is more experienced with this

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Can you provide the error you are receiving?

It looks like Indicium was processing the request because we can see two database calls done by this request. So, I would think it was not hitting a webserver limit.

Badge +1

https://xxxxxxxxxx.azurewebsites.net/indicium/iam/296/email_object?$orderby=email_created_at%20desc,email_object_id%20desc&$prefilter=not_ebu_email_object&$skip=0&$top=250&$expand=transl_accreditation_activity_contact_id($select%3Donline_name),transl_accreditation_activity_id($select%3Daccreditation_activity_code_title),transl_application_form_id($select%3Dapplication_form_person_id),transl_certification_id($select%3Dcertification_identifier),transl_email_template_id($select%3Demail_template_name),transl_event_faculty_id($select%3Dfaculty_name),transl_event_meeting_reservation_id($select%3Dmeeting_reservation_display),transl_event_registration_id($select%3Dregistration_identifier),transl_event_registration_participant_id($select%3Dparticipant_identifier),transl_event_session_id($select%3Devent_session_lookup),transl_event_session_moderator_id($select%3Dmoderator_display),transl_event_presentation_id($select%3Dpresentation_display),transl_event_sponsor_id($select%3Dsponsor_profile_name),transl_event_sponsor_catalog_option_id($select%3Dsponsor_catalog_option_name),transl_event_id($select%3Devent_display),transl_examiner_id($select%3Dexaminer_name),transl_group_member_id($select%3Dgroup_member_display),transl_hot_examination_id($select%3Dhot_examination_form_display),transl_invoice_id($select%3Dinvoice_number),transl_live_surgery_id($select%3Dlive_surgery_identifier),transl_membership_id($select%3Dmembership_code),transl_membership_enbloc_id($select%3Dmembership_enbloc_name),transl_membership_enbloc_registration_id($select%3Dmembership_enbloc_registration_lookup),transl_membership_member_credit_report_id($select%3Dtype_of_credit_report_lookup),transl_membership_member_id($select%3Dmember_identifier),transl_membership_member_subscription_id($select%3Dsubscription_identifier),transl_organisation_id($select%3Dorganisation_search_name),transl_person_id($select%3Dsearch_name),transl_questionnaire_id($select%3Dquestionnaire_name),transl_resource_library_id($select%3Dresource_library_name),transl_resource_library_purchase_id($select%3Dresource_library_purchase_identifier),transl_scholarship_id($select%3Dscholarship_lookup),transl_submission_abstract_author_id($select%3Dauthor_display),transl_submission_abstract_id($select%3Dabstract_identifier),transl_submission_id($select%3Dsubmission_code_name),transl_submission_reviewer_id($select%3Dreviewer_lookup)
Responscode 400
Duur    26 ms
AspNetCoreEnvironment   Production
_MS.ProcessedByMetricExtractors (Name:'Requests', Ver:'1.1')

Error is: Invalid OData URL

This is what we see in Azure

https://xxxxxxx.azurewebsites.net/indicium/iam/296/email_object?$orderby=email_created_at desc,email_object_id desc&$prefilter=not_ebu_email_object&$skip=0&$top=250&$expand=transl_accreditation_activity_contact_id($select%3Donline_name),transl_accreditation_activity_id($select%3Daccreditation_activity_code_title),transl_application_form_id($select%3Dapplication_form_person_id),transl_certification_id($select%3Dcertification_identifier),transl_email_template_id($select%3Demail_template_name),transl_event_faculty_id($select%3Dfaculty_name),transl_event_meeting_reservation_id($select%3Dmeeting_reservation_display),transl_event_registration_id($select%3Dregistration_identifier),transl_event_registration_participant_id($select%3Dparticipant_identifier),transl_event_session_id($select%3Devent_session_lookup),transl_event_session_moderator_id($select%3Dmoderator_display),transl_event_presentation_id($select%3Dpresentation_display),transl_event_sponsor_id($select%3Dsponsor_profile_name),transl_event_sponsor_catalog_option_id($select%3Dsponsor_catalog_option_name),transl_event_id($select%3Devent_display),transl_examiner_id($select%3Dexaminer_name),transl_group_member_id($select%3Dgroup_member_display),transl_hot_examination_id($select%3Dhot_examination_form_display),transl_invoice_id($select%3Dinvoice_number),transl_live_surgery_id($select%3Dlive_surgery_identifier),transl_membership_id($select%3Dmembership_code),transl_membership_enbloc_id($select%3Dmembership_enbloc_name),transl_membership_enbloc_registration_id($select%3Dmembership_enbloc_registration_lookup),transl_membership_member_credit_report_id($select%3Dtype_of_credit_report_lookup),transl_membership_member_id($select%3Dmember_identifier),transl_membership_member_subscription_id($select%3Dsubscription_identifier),transl_organisation_id($select%3Dorganisation_search_name),transl_person_id($select%3Dsearch_name),transl_questionnaire_id($select%3Dquestionnaire_name),transl_resource_library_id($select%3Dresource_library_name),transl_resource_library_purchase_id($se

We increased the MAX URL, but that didn't solve it.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi avandervelden,

I missed your reply - do you still require assistance?

I understand that the URL is cut off in Application Insights - but that might also be a limitation from AppInsights. I did not have time to check this yet.

It can also be at something is wrong with one of the `$expand`, is it possible to remove some and see if it starts working? It might be something due to a wrong reference in the datamodel.
Does it also still occur after upgrading to the latest Indicium & Universal? Or are their validation errors in the Software Factory?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi avandervelden,

I know you had a similar issue in another screen a week ago which we solved by fixing one of the lookup references on that table. 
Can you let us know if this problem is also fixed?

Badge +1

Hi Dick

we have solved this. Indeed, by setting a lookup reference.