Message when Roles are not sufficient

• 25 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

So, we have a task to create an invoice. This is a process flow, first we check all values such as Debtor code, vat code etc. If not ok, these must be set and then the invoice can be made. If all is ok from the start, the invoice is made. 

BUT, not all people clicking the Create Invoice, cannot add certain values on the account - like discount, vat code, debtor code. So, what I kinda what I a ‘You have insufficient rights for this… EXIT.” 

Is there a way to detect and show such a message? 

kind regards

alex 

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Do you still need help on this are can we consider this solved?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I’m not quite sure what you are trying to accomplish. If the user does not have sufficient rights but is still allowed to execute the task using different credentials, would it not be easier to give them the correct Role in IAM needed to execute this task? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

So, in the process flow there are 2 tasks. 

→ Validate credentials → generate invoice 

If validation is good, the generate invoice can be done without issue. 

However, is the validation fails - the next task ‘generate invoice’ cannot be executed and credentials must be set. These credentials need a different Role.. 

Is this a clear explanation? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Alex,

Does that mean they couldn't successfully run the Task anyway? Maybe it would be more handy to hide the Task for the users that may not use this task or cannot access all the data the Task requires.