Loading time opening a DevExpress Report

• 8 December 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

We've noticed that loading a DevExpress Report for the first time on the Web GUI hosted on Azure takes a long time (~15 seconds up to some times ~60 seconds) compared with the second time (~4 seconds). We’ve enabled Always on, but it doesn't seem to remember.

What does affect this first loading time? And how can we prevent it so it doesn't take 15 seconds for the first user?

Is it somehow daily cached, or after a certain amount of time? We see that it only takes a long time to open the first report (i.e. purchase_order), if you open another report also for the first time (i.e. invoice), this is around 4 seconds.

We’d like to hear more about the possibilities to improve the user experience,

Best Regards,
René

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi René,

I think this link will be helpfull in this case:

https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/deployment/web_gui.html#warm-up-application

Regards,
Erik

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi René,

I think this link will be helpfull in this case:

https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/deployment/web_gui.html#warm-up-application

Regards,
Erik

Hi Erik,

I've tested it but it doesn't affect the loading time of the DevExpress reports. Any other suggestions?

Br, René

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi René,

I think we have to add some more logic to the preloader logic of the Bootstrap.ashx page entry, especially for DevExpress reporting.

The involved assemblies have to be triggered before the first user arrives after a recycle.

Please bring on a TCP ticket to request this. 

Regards, Erik

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi René,

I think we have to add some more logic to the preloader logic of the Bootstrap.ashx page entry, especially for DevExpress reporting.

The involved assemblies have to be triggered before the first user arrives after a recycle.

Please bring on a TCP ticket to request this. 

Regards, Erik

Hi Erik,

I've added it into TCP.

Br, René

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

This will be supported in the upcoming release. Version: 2021.1.14