issue when print preview for DevExpress report in Web GUI

• 20 June 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
  • Apprentice
  • 8 replies

Hi everyone,

I've made a DevExpress report and in SF Reports configured the settings as seen in print screen 1.
The "Print preview" action for DevExpress works fine in the Windows GUI.
But in Web GUI when I select the action "Print preview" (print screen 2) I get an error (print screen 3).
If I choose action "Export to PDF" it generated the report successfully and I can see the exported pdf with the correct data.
So the problem only occurs with the "Print preview" for DevExpress.

Note: In a process flow I've a Report type SSRS(Local) and a Report action Print preview. In Web GUI the Print preview doesn't throw an error and successfully shows the preview.

Do you guys have some ideas what could be the problem and how to fix it ?

print screen 1
print screen 2
print screen 3

icon

Best answer by tim 24 August 2022, 14:52

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Do you have any other devexpress reports in the application and do they have the same problem? If this is the only one could you try a static report and see if that works?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Yes I have another DevExpress report and also the same problem. I will try a report with only some labels and no Query dataset.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Did you try the empty report, did it work or did you experience the same problem?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @tim , any update on this?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi,

sorry for late response. But I tried another devexpress report and got the same problem.
I debugged further and the problem was that when I put the WebGUI that I downloaded from Thinkwise Portal it contains 2 versions of devexpress dll files v19 en v21 in the Bin folder. 
IIS set the files in an temp app folder something called asp.net4. There were 2 versions of devexpress dll that caused the error in Preview.

The solution was to remove devexpress dll v19 in the Bin folder called DevExpress.XtraReports.v19.1 or DevExpress.XtraReports.v19.1.Web.WebForms.dll

Maybe something to look into why there are 2 versions of dll files in the Bin folder ?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Edit:

The solution was to remove devexpress dll v19 in the Bin folder called DevExpress.XtraReports.v19.1 or/and DevExpress.XtraReports.v19.1.Web.WebForms.dll

Then clean out the contents in the temp app folder something called asp.net4.

And restart the application pool in IIS.