Solved

Is there a way to model a handler functionality in a process flow?

• 20 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello,

I have a handler functionality that gets fired when a record update is executed in a grid (by clicking the save icon).

Since the handler contains multiple logical steps and will soon get convoluted, I was wondering if there is a way to model this functionality in a process flow - it would provide a better overview of the functionality with its actions and decisions.

I tried implementing such a process flow, using the “Edit Row” and “Grid Edit” actions that led to a “Start Task” action (containing a template with the whole handler functionality as a test), but with no success.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Valentin 13 October 2023, 08:48

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Can you explain what went wrong with the attempt to set this up in a process flow? This should be pretty straight forward to achieve. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Can you explain what went wrong with the attempt to set this up in a process flow? This should be pretty straight forward to achieve. 

Hi @Erwin Ekkel,

Thank you for the response. Since we were using a grid, the ‘Grid Edit’ action was the only candidate, however it did not fire when starting the flow. We ended up changing our solution.