Solved

Initial Caps

• 20 August 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16
  • Thinkwise Local Partner Brasil
  • 383 replies
I have a few name fields that are all UPPERCASE. In the SF you have a few places where you can choose a case type, eg. Upper case, Lower case, Initial Caps and Proper case. How does this work? I have opted for Initial Caps at the subject and at the domain, but nothing changes the output.

Basically two questions:
  1. How do I format these name fields so they show up with initial caps?
  2. What is the difference between Initial Caps and Proper case?
icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 21 August 2019, 08:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Hey Freddy,

The Case types should be working upon selecting them for the column you want them be on.
  • Initial caps should automatically make the first character a capital letter but it does not restrict the user to input capital letters
  • Proper case should automatically make the first character of every individual word a capital letter but it does not restrict the user to input capital letters
  • Upper case, every letter is a capital letter, not possible to input non-capital letters
  • Lower case, every letter cannot be a capital letter, not possible to input capital letters
Do note it will only change the input a user can give, it will not automatically update every present row in your table. For example, if one column had the case type Upper case, users used it and later the developer changed the case type to lower case, then the data presented in the list and form would be lower case, but it will still be upper case on the database until changed.

See here an example, first column is Initial caps, second Upper case and third column is Proper case.

(GUI 2019.1.14)

Result:

Hope this helps a lot!

Kind regards,
Mark Jongeling
Userlevel 5
Badge +16
Your note explained it all, thanks!