Solved

Indicium problem writing to disk (Smart) but works with admin user.

• 12 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

A customer had problems with writing smart upgrade files to disk, while full worked perfectly fine. When he changed the indicium user to domain\administrator user Smart also worked properly. The previous user was a  domain user with local admin right and SQL sysadmin rights. Can someone explain what rights the indicium user needs to have since I can't explain why one works and the other does not. 

Additional question: 
Is it necessary for the indicium application in IIS to be anonymous, or whether it is also possible on Windows authentication. This can also have certain consequences for the handling of rights.

icon

Best answer by Vincent Doppenberg 14 October 2022, 21:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Erwin, could it be that this piece of code cannot be run by the domain user with local admin right and SQL sysadmin rights?: 

Procedure: flag_modified_prog_objects

Is it necessary for the indicium application in IIS to be anonymous, or whether it is also possible on Windows authentication. This can also have certain consequences for the handling of rights.

In a local setup, Windows authentication did work as far as I know, but for the expert answer I hope to summon @Vincent Doppenberg 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Integrated Windows authentication via IIS also works for Indicium. When Windows authentication is enabled in IIS, an extra button will appear on the Indicium log in page.

Do note though that this has nothing to do with file permissions or the pool user. This is purely for end users to sign in without needing to enter a username and password. It is unrelated to the other problem that you described.